EC-Council Certified SOC Analyst (CSA)
Course code: EC-CSA
Exam Code: 312-39
Duration: 24 Hours
The Certified SOC Analyst (CSA) program is the first step to joining a security operations centre (SOC). It is engineered for current and aspiring Tier I and Tier II SOC analysts to achieve proficiency in performing entry-level and intermediate-level operations.
CSA is a training and credentialing program that helps the candidate acquire trending and in-demand technical skills through instruction by some of the most experienced trainers in the industry. The program focuses on creating new career opportunities through extensive, meticulous knowledge with enhanced level capabilities for dynamically contributing to a SOC team. Being an intense 3-day program, it thoroughly covers the fundamentals of SOC operations, before relaying the knowledge of log management and correlation, SIEM deployment, advanced incident detection, and incident response. Additionally, the candidate will learn to manage various SOC processes and collaborate with CSIRT at the time of need.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Articulate SOC processes, procedures, technologies, and workflows.
• Understand and security threats, attacks, vulnerabilities, attacker’s behaviors, cyber kill chain, etc.
• Recognize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures to identify indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be utilized during active and future investigations.
• Monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies across multiple platforms (IDS/IPS, end-point protection, servers, and workstations).
• Apply Centralized Log Management (CLM) processes.
• Perform Security events and log collection, monitoring, and analysis.
• Understand Security Information and Event Management.
• Administer SIEM solutions (Splunk/AlienVault/OSSIM/ELK).
• Understand the architecture, implementation, and fine tuning of SIEM solutions (Splunk/ AlienVault/OSSIM/ELK).
• Gain hands-on experience on SIEM use case development process.
• Develop threat cases (correlation rules), create reports, etc.
• Recognize use cases that are widely used across the SIEM deployment.
• Plan, organize, and perform threat monitoring and analysis in the enterprise.
• Monitor emerging threat patterns and perform security threat analysis.
• Gain hands-on experience in alert triaging process.
• Escalate incidents to appropriate teams for additional assistance.
• Use a Service Desk ticketing system.
• Prepare briefings and reports of analysis methodology and results.
• Integrate threat intelligence into SIEM for enhanced incident detection and response.
• Make use of varied, disparate, constantly changing threat information.
• Articulate knowledge of Incident Response Process.
• Understand SOC and IRT collaboration for better incident response.
SOC Analysts ( Tier I and Tier II), Cybersecurity Analysts, Entry-level cybersecurity professionals. Network and Security Administrators
Have questions or need more information?
Please complete the form and let us know what you’re looking for.
* denotes required field
By entering your email address, you agree to receive information by email from Sanisoft Training including newsletters and information about offers and specials. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Alternatively, you may contact us through quicker ways.