VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage [v6.7]
Course code: VMW-VSANDM67
Exam Code: VMW-VSANDM67
Duration: 26 Hours
In this three-day course, you focus on deploying and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware vSAN™ 6.7. You learn how vSAN functions as an important component in the VMware software-defined data center. You gain practical experience with vSAN concepts through the completion of hands-on lab exercises.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Describe the vSAN architecture
• Identify vSAN features and use cases
• Configure vSAN networking components
• Configure a vSAN cluster
• Deploy virtual machines on a vSAN datastore
• Configure virtual machine storage policies
• Perform ongoing vSAN management tasks
• Configure vSAN encryption
• Control vSAN resynchronization tasks
• Create and manage nested fault domains
• Use the vSAN health service to monitor health and performance
• Configure a stretched cluster and observe failover scenarios
• Describe vSAN interoperability with VMware vSphere® features and other products
• Plan and design a vSAN cluster
Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who want to use software-defined storage with vSAN
Apply vSAN design considerations
This course requires meeting one of the following prerequisites:
• Storage administration experience on block or file storage devices
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] course
Experience working at the command line is helpful.
The course material presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
• Use VMware vSphere® Client
• Create and manage VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual
• Create and modify a standard switch
• Create and modify a distributed switch
• Connect a VMware ESXi™ host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
• Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
• Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®a
Have questions or need more information?
Please complete the form and let us know what you’re looking for.
* denotes required field
By entering your email address, you agree to receive information by email from Sanisoft Training including newsletters and information about offers and specials. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Alternatively, you may contact us through quicker ways.