VMware vSAN: Troubleshooting Workshop [V6x]
Course code: VSANTSW6
Exam Code: VSANTSW6
Duration: 40 Hours
In this two-day course, you will focus on learning the tools and skills necessary to troubleshoot VMware vSAN™ 6.6 implementations. You will gain practical experience with vSAN troubleshooting concepts through the completion of instructor-led activities and hands-on challenge lab exercises.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Describe the software components
• Diagram how the components relate to each other
• Describe vSAN object placement
• Explain the differences between object states
• Explain how storage policies affect object states
• Predict how specific failures affect object states
Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who want to use software-defined storage with vSAN.
o Introductions and course logistics
o Course objectives
o Describe the vSAN architecture and components
o Describe the policy-driven, object-based vSAN storage environment
o Describe the vSAN software components: CLOM, DOM, LSOM, CMMDS, and RDT
o Explain the relationships between the vSAN software components
o Explain the relationship between objects and components
o Determine how specific storage policies affect components
o Describe component placement
o Use a structured approach to solve configuration and operational problems
o Apply troubleshooting methodology to logically diagnose faults and optimize troubleshooting efficiency
o Replace a failed witness appliance
o Discuss the ways to run various command-line tools
o Discuss the ways to access VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Shell
o Use commands to view, configure, and manage your VMware vSphere® environment
o Explain which log files are useful for vSAN troubleshooting
o Use log files to help troubleshoot vSAN problems
o Discuss the esxcli vsan namespace commands
o Discuss how to use Ruby vSphere Console commands
This course requires completion of one of the following prerequisites:
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5] course
• Completion of the VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage [V6.6] course or equivalent experience with VMware vSAN.
• Experience working with linux command line interfaces.
The course presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling:
• Use VMware vSphere® Web Client for common operations
• Create and manage VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual
• Create and modify a standard switch
• Modify a distributed switch
• Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
• Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
Have questions or need more information?
Please complete the form and let us know what you’re looking for.
* denotes required field
By entering your email address, you agree to receive information by email from Sanisoft Training including newsletters and information about offers and specials. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Alternatively, you may contact us through quicker ways.