VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7.0]
Course code: VSICM
Exam Code: VSICM
Duration: 40 Hours
⦁ This five-day VMware vSphere foundation course features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere® 7, which includes VMware ESXi™ 7 and VMware vCenter Server® 7. This VMware course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size.
⦁ This course is the foundation for most of the other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center.
⦁ This course aligns to the following products:ESXi 7, vCenter Server 7
⦁ Please Note: This training is also suitable for students who want to be trained on vSphere v6.5 or v6.7.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Describe the software-defined data center (SDDC)
• Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
• Install and configure ESXi hosts
• Deploy and configure VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™
• Use VMware vSphere® Client™ to manage the vCenter Server inventory and the vCenter Server configuration
• Manage, monitor, back up, and protect vCenter Server Appliance
• Create virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
• Describe the storage technologies supported by vSphere
• Configure virtual storage using iSCSI and NFS storage
• Create and manage VMware vSphere® VMFS datastores
• Use the vSphere Client to create virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
• Create a content library and deploy virtual machines from templates in the library
• Manage virtual machine resource use
• Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
• Create and manage a vSphere cluster that is enabled with VMware vSphere® High Availability and
• VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™
• Discuss solutions for managing the vSphere life cycle
• Use VMware vSphere® Lifecycle Manager™ to perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and virtual machines
System engineers and administrators involved in the administration of a VMware vSphere solution.
Explain basic virtualization concepts
Describe the vCenter Server architecture
This course has the following prerequisites:
• System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
Have questions or need more information?
Please complete the form and let us know what you’re looking for.
* denotes required field
By entering your email address, you agree to receive information by email from Sanisoft Training including newsletters and information about offers and specials. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Alternatively, you may contact us through quicker ways.